It was definitely one of my favorite holiday cakes especially with the little ghosts on top. The chocolate ganache and cream cheese frosting goes perfect with the moist red velvet and to top it off a cup of milk. This is a fun quick recipe that anyone can make. The perfect fix for a sweet tooth.
Ingredients for cake:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Red Velvet Moist cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of oil
- cheesecake frosting
- ghost peeps
- 9 inch circular baking pan
-10 tooth picks
Ingredients for chocolate ganache:
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2) Mix cake batter, 3 eggs, 1 1/3 cup of water, 1/3 cup of oil until it is smooth and there are no lumps. 3) Lightly butter baking pan and pour mix in. 4) Bake cake mix for 30-35 minutes. 5) When the cake is ready let cool 15-20 minutes in fridge. 6) Boil 1/2 cup of heavy cream for 5 minutes. 7) Pour boiling heavy cream into 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips and mix until thick. Let cool in fridge 15 min. 8) Spread cheesecake icing over cake neatly. Place cake back in fridge for 10 minutes.
9) Take 10 ghost peeps and stick tooth picks half way in them. 10) Pour chocolate ganache in the middle of cake, take a knife and slowly spread to edges. Slowly and naturally it will pour down the sides and create the drippy effect. Let cool in fridge 20 min. 11) After ganache has hardened, take ghost peeps and place them however you'd like on your cake. 12) Take a slice and a glass of milk & enjoy!!!