Monday, May 28, 2012
2 lb salmon filet
½ cup of fresh chopped garlic
2 teaspoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon of salt
2 chopped white onions
½ cup of broccoli
½ cup of cherry tomatoes
¼ cup of green olives
½ cup of carrots
2 teaspoons of fresh oregano
4 stalks of asparagus
2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
1. Defrost salmon filet
2. Place defrosted salmon filet in pan which can be used in oven
3. Chop garlic and apply to salmon filet
4. Apply coconut oil and salt to salmon filet
5. Add all listed ingredients from list
6. Squeeze two fresh lemons and add lemon juice to baking dish
7. Preheat oven to 400F
8. Cook for 25 minutes at 400F for the salmon to be well done
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
This plate is not something fancy but its something i love to eat. Since i was young my grandmother always made me this for breakfast. Its very common in the Dominican Republic. Some people use green platains, i rather use yellow since its sweeter. You can eat Platano Maduro (Yellow Platains) with different things. For example, Salami, Ham, Etc. I chose cheese and boiled eggs.
Ingredients: Yellow Platain Salt Hot Water Butter
Optional ingredients :Eggs Cheddar Cheese
- Instuctions :Boil hot water for a minute. If your going to boil eggs its best to put the egg in the water first, since it takes longer. Add salt to the water. While the water is boiling, Peel the yellow platain and cut it into pieces then put it in the pot with hot water. Wait about 10 to 15 minutes then check if the platains are cooked enough, if they are take them out. I prefer them mashed, Start mashing them and adding butter to it. After its mashed evenly you may add anything you want to the side. I used boiled egg and cheddar cheese. Its a simple and delicious dish especially when you want something fast. Try it !
Friday, May 18, 2012
3. Serve hot with butter, syrup of your choice, and if available, fresh berries.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
I choose this recipe because it contains green plantain and green plantains are originally from my country, and I love them. The first time I saw this recipe was in Utilisima which is a channel with different shows including culinary shows. Later, I tried to make at home because I love to cook, but I added some more ingredients so that it could taste even better. Also, every time I cooked this green plantains spiders I made something to eat it with like different kind of dips or tuna salad. This time I came up with the idea of a spinach salad to add a little bit of freshness to this dish since summer is almost here. What I actually like about this recipe is its simplicity because you have all the ingredients at home meaning that you do not need to go to the supermarket and spend your money. This recipe can be served as an appetizer or snack, and it is extremely delicious.
Ingredients: Green plantain Spiders
- 1 Green Plantain.
- A hint of salt and pepper.
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced.
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 cup of chop fresh spinach.
- 1/2 cup of grated carrots.
- A hint of salt.
- 1 1/2 ts. of vinegar.
- 3 ts. Olive Oil.
- Peel the green plantain.
- In a grater, grate the plantain.
- Mix the grater plantain, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Make balls and then squeeze them until they look flat.
- fried the spider in a hot pan with the vegetable oil until they look golden and crispy.
- In a different bolw, mix the spinach with the carrots, vinegar, salt and olive oil.
- Plate it in a white clean dish so that the color of the salad and the golden of the spiders look irresistible.
- ENJOY IT!!
-Chicha de Jora
-Culantro or Bonnie plants
-5 or 6 pieces of Chicken
-a quarter of Rice
-A cup of water
-3 pieces of potato
-small pieces of peas
First have the rice prepared
Cut the onion into small pieces
Fry the small pieces of onion on a medium size pot and add a spoon of Ajo molido
While mixing the onion and the ajo molido add a bit of Goya seasoning and keep mixing
Then use a blender and blend a small amount of culantro, a cup of chicha modara, a cup of kitchen wine and aji amarillo.
After it is blend it will come out in a green color and u add that liquid to the frying pot.
Then the liquid you mix it with the onions and other ingredients in the frying pot.
While that's mixing, you start cutting the pieces of chicken and then add them to the pot with the seasoning.
Also add the 3 pieces of potato and the green peas to the pot.
Then the chicken starts mixing with seasoning and the potato and you let it stay there until it gets done.
If you don't see as much liquid you add a glass of water to the pot.
After 10-15 minutes the chicken will be cooked and you serve it with some nice rice to a side. :)
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- Medium sized potato
- Onions finely chopped
- 2 cups pea-flour
- 3-4 green chilies finely chopped
- Salt to taste
This recipe was shown to me by cousin while I was in FL. Since I love the taste she showed me how to make it. This meal really brings me back to the times where I would stay in FL over the summer. I hope u can enjoy the meal as much as I did.
a pack of linguine
2 cups of Basil leaves
3 garlic cloves
1/3 cup of cream cheese
3 tablespoons of parmasian cheese
3 tablespoons of olive oil (additional for pasta)
1 teaspoon of pepper
salt to taste (additional for the pasta)
4 prepared chicken breasts (can be marinated or just salted)
1/3 cup of milk
2 cups of Panko breading
1/3 of parmasian
vegetable oil for frying
pepper to taste
In large pot bring water to a boil. Add salt and olive oil for taste. Add pasta for about 15 minutes or until al dente (reserve the water after boiling the pasta).
In a blender add basil, garlic, cream cheese, parmasian, olive oil, pepper, and the water reserved from the boiling pasta. Blend until shredded and then add salt to taste.
Strain the pasta and then mix with the sauce. Add more parmasian to desired taste.
In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk, and pepper. On a different plated mix the panko and parmasian. Take the chicken breast, dip it in the egg mixture, and then into the bread mixture. Place into the hot pan and repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts. Lower down to medium heat. Flip the chicken after 5 minutes and allow it to cook on the other side.
- shrimp--------------1 lb
- chopped onion------1 cup
- chopped chili--------5 pieces
- ginger past-----------1 ts
- onion past------------1ts
- garlic past------------1ts
- turmeric powder---1/4 ts
- salt-------------------1 ts
- oil--------------- ---2 ts
- coconut milk-------1/2 cup
Heat the oil in a medium size fry pan.
Add the onion, ginger, garlic paste and turmeric powder until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
Then after 10 minutes add the shrimp & cook.
Mix the coconut milk when shrimp is cooking.
Stir the shrimp & coconut milk until shrimp is cooked through.
Season with salt and chili.
Serve the chicken curry.
If you like to taste an Indian spicy food so you can try this recipe at home. I hope you will like this....!!!!