Polish Dumplings "Pierogi"
Pierogi is a polish dish. They can be stuffed with many different fillings like potato,cheese, sauerkraut, ground meat or fruit. You can purchase Pierogi's at every polish, russian, ukrainian restaurant. The reason I chose Pierogi as the dish I want to present is because it is a traditional polish serving and has been around for centuries. My favorite type of pierogi are ruskie pierogi which consist of potato's mixed with farmers cheese and fried onions.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1 table spoons of oil
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/2 lb of cooked and grinded potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of farmers cheese
1. Take dough ingredients and knead them in a bowl.
2. Flatten the dough using a dough roller.
3. Cut out circles out of the dough using a glass.
4. Place one teaspoon of mixed filling ingredients on the circle made of dough
5. Next take the dough circle with the filling and close it in half, pinching the edges with your fingers.
6. In a boiling pot of water put the pierogi's in and take them out when they start to float up. (2-3min) (add some salt in the water)
7. Finishing touch you can serve them with fried onions and sour cream.
Making the dough