Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes:Food Art 1064

Rainbow cupcakes is a creative and easy way of making your bland and simple cupcakes into a colorful and fun dessert. I first saw this recipe on  a Tumblr blog about 2 years ago. I usually make these cupcakes with my god son for his birthday. He always enjoys seeing the finish product and its super easy for both of us to make together. I would say this recipe relates to me because I'm the type of person that just loves color. No matter what I wear I always make sure I incorporate some type of color in my outfit. The cupcakes also remind me of a tie-dye shirt I use to have around when I was in the 3rd grade , which was my favorite shirt at the time. 

Ingredients:
  • Any type of cake batter (I used Pillsbury white cake mix)
  • 2 Eggs
  • Food Coloring (Red, Blue, Green and Yellow)
  • 1/4 cup of Olive oil
  • A cup of water
  • Any choice of frosting (I used Strawberry)
  • Sprinkles

Directions

     
  1. Take out a large bowl and mix the cake batter , both egg , olive oil and the water together.
  2. Split cake batter evenly into 4 smaller bowls.
  3. Put at least 3 drops of different color food coloring into each bowl and stir until color appears.
  4. Place cupcake sheets into cupcake holders and begin pouring the batter into each one
  5. Use a different spoon for each colored batter and place colors on top of each other (MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT STIR THE COLORS TOGETHER)
  6. Places in the oven set at 400 degrees and bake for 15 minutes
  7. Let them cool for about 20 minutes then decorate however you like.







No comments:

Post a Comment